Access and use of electronic resources made available by the Unisa
Library are governed by license agreements between the University of
South Africa and the publishers and providers of the electronic
Licensed electronic resources are restricted to
authorized members of the Unisa community and on-site users of the
Unisa Libraries. These resources may be only be used for the
purposes of research, teaching and private study.
It is acceptable for an authorized Unisa user to:
It is not acceptable for an authorized Unisa user to:
- Search, view, retrieve and display the resources for the
purposes of non-commercial research, teaching and private study.
- Save, print, download or make copies of reasonable amounts
or parts of a resource (such as individual journal articles or book
chapters) for non-commercial personal use.
- Share content only with other Unisa faculty, staff or
- Post links to specific content in such a way that it is
available only to other authorized Unisa users.
- Use the electronic resources for commercial purposes by
selling or re-distribution of content to users outside the Unisa
- Permit anyone other than authorized Unisa users to access
the licensed content.
- Engage in systematic and substantial printing, copying or
downloading of content(such as entire journal issues, financial or
datasets, or complete book titles).
- Post actual content or articles to web sites or listservs,
private (e.g. corporate intranet) or public.
- Copy, remove, obscure or modify any copyright or other
ownership marks included in the licensed resources